Suspect/Resume success on Lenovo T510

Ian Smith smithi at nimnet.asn.au
Wed Mar 30 08:04:55 UTC 2011

On Wed, 30 Mar 2011, Lars Engels wrote:
 > On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 12:50:05PM -0500, Josh Paetzel wrote:
 > > I've had such bad luck with suspend and resume working on FreeBSD laptop that
 > > I didn't even try it on my new lenovo T510 and just assumed it was broken.
 > >
 > > Then the power failed this weekend and it went to sleep to conserve the
 > > battery.  I tried waking it up and the only thing that didn't come back was
 > > the mouse.  I'm running moused, and a simple /etc/rc.d/moused restart fixed
 > > that.

Good to hear, Josh.

 > > Nvidia discreet video, intel 6100 wireless using iwn, PC-BSD 8.2
 > >
 > > rc.resume:
 > >
 > > /usr/sbin/wpa_cli reassociate
 > > ifconfig em0 down
 > > ifconfig em0 up
 > > sleep 1
 > > dhclient lagg0
 > > /etc/rc.d/moused restart
 > >
 > > logger -t $subsystem resumed at `date +'%Y%m%d %H:%M:%S'`
 > > sync && sync && sync
 > >
 > > exit 0
 >
 > I think moused should be restarted on every machine that wakes up.
 > Maybe this should be added to rc.resume:
 >
 > /etc/rc.d/moused forcestatus > /dev/null 2>&1 && /etc/rc.d/moused forcerestart

Perhaps behind a '#' like some other example solutions in rc.resume?

If mouse uses a PS/2 interface (including many/most? builtin pads and
pointers) then I found the advice given below works well, after having
also used 'moused restart' in rc.resume for some years previously, on
both an old Compaq Armada and on my Thinkpad T23.

cheers, Ian

=======