bounty / work for hire for PR 115623 ... xircom, pcmcia, etc.

Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sat Jun 4 06:12:22 UTC 2011

I'd say this PR is off the mark.  I use PC Card and CardBus cards all the time.  The Xircom patch in question should be in -current already.  I likely haven't MFC'd it.  There are two classes of problems lingering from the old days: the Xircom one (where a certain type of CIS fails, but so far one Xircom card is the only one that has it).  The second is the inability to find what resources the Host Bridge decodes, so you need to hack it with the memory ranges manually.  John Baldwin recently committed a fix for newer ACPIs that would solve this, if only older ACPIs implemented it...

Part of the problem here is that my primary laptop no longer is CardBus based, so problems linger longer than I like to see...  All my fast laptops have died, and I'm stuck with ancient, slow ones with dying batteries that work poorly these days...

Warner