Lenovo X121e, UMTS, WLAN, X11...

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Wed Aug 31 12:16:49 UTC 2011

On Sun, Aug 28, 2011 at 1:13 PM, Kurt Jaeger <pi at opsec.eu> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I got the new Lenovo X121e model (intel cpu version) to play with...
>
> I'm running freebsd 9.0-beta1 on it. fbsd 8.2 did not detect the alc0
> ethernet connection.
>
> X11 works in vesa (1024x768).
> - The touchpad is annoying (does anyone know how to deactivate it?)

On my Dell laptop, the touchpad is just reported as a PS/2 mouse, and
is handled by moused. moused allows you to toggle whether a particular
moused is enabled by sending it a SIGUSR1, and so I have this script
attached to an icon on my taskbar:

#!/bin/sh
moused_pid=`ps ax | awk '(/[m]oused.*psm0/) { print $1 }'`
/usr/local/bin/sudo /bin/kill -USR1 ${moused_pid}

Obviously you have to setup sudo to allow your user to do that.

Cheers

Tom