Thinkpad T510: LAN? CPU-C3?

Alexander Motin mav at FreeBSD.org
Tue Mar 30 06:50:24 UTC 2010

Jan Henrik Sylvester wrote:
> - CPU-C3: No C3 (dev.cpu.0.cx_supported: C1/3 C2/245) for i7-620M.
> Battery life will not be good without C3, and Turbo Boost will not work
> either. (Apparently, Linux got C3 support on a quick boot with a live CD.)

I would say that your C2 state has too high entering latency (at least
from point of my C2D of C1/1 C2/1 C3/57). May be you have some C2E hack
enabled in BIOS, which makes C3 useless and BIOS hides it? FreeBSD
receives all info about supported states from ACPI BIOS, so ACPI can
report whatever it wants about set of C-states.

--
Alexander Motin