hardlocks in 8-CURRENT

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Mon Mar 8 14:20:09 UTC 2010

Hello,

If you go with your laptop to some meeting, you just take it with you and
normally not even the power-supply; when you return to your desk, normally
you put your laptop on the table, plug-in power and open the lid...

from time to time I encounter that the laptop after opening the lid is
just locked, i.e. hardlocked and does not even respond on ping from other
places; I did tests to see when it crashes, i.e. if it is based on the
movement, of WLAN AP re-connect or whatever; I now always first open it, work a
while across WLAN and then plug-in the power; the lock occurs only on
the plug-in of the power-supply;

any idea what to do next for debugging this? thanks

	matthias
--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211