video capture cards for FreeBSD laptop

Lars Engels lars.engels at 0x20.net
Wed Jun 23 14:16:06 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jun 23, 2010 at 01:41:41PM +0200, Matthias Apitz wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've Google'd around a bit but I don't see any real solution. My wife
> has a FreeBSD laptop with 8-REL and wants to watch TV from time to time.
> Any solution via USB or PCMCIA cards? Or even a small network box which
> could be connected via LAN/WLAN by mplayer...
>
> Thanks in advance

Hi Matthias,

the "Freecom DVB-T USB Stick" works nicely with webcamd + vlc.
Jun 23 16:13:25  root: Unknown USB device: vendor 0x14aa product 0x0225 bus uhub7
Jun 23 16:13:25  kernel: ugen7.2: <vendor 0x14aa> at usbus7

There should also be some other Sticks with the same chip.

The only issue I have is that it is also recognized as a ukbd, so I had
to remove the ukbd entries in /etc/devd.conf.

Cheers
Lars