Who successfully suspend its laptop?

David DEMELIER demelier.david at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 08:27:56 UTC 2010

2010/7/13 Paul B Mahol <onemda at gmail.com>:
> On 7/13/10, David DEMELIER <demelier.david at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Every feedback I have, and every mails I see there is still a lot of
>> problems with suspend/resume on laptops with FreeBSD. Of course it's
>> not only FreeBSD the problem it's also the bad manufacturers (HP :-))
>> that provides buggy ACPI/BIOS.
>>
>> Who have a laptop that fully works with suspend/resume ?
>>
>> Personally, suspend works, but resume does not wake up the screen and
>> there is nothing I can do, the system seems to be freezed (maybe
>> panic?).
>>
>> I will check, and try to make a kernel dump if possible.
>
> Last time I checked i386 UP resumes fine, SMP is problematic.
>
> amd64 should work in both cases.

To be sure that it dumps where there is enough space I added in my rc.conf :

dumpdev="/dev/ad0s1b"
dumpdir="/usr/crash"

I also enabled VESA in the kernel config file :

device		dpms
options		VESA
options		X86BIOS
options		SC_HISTORY_SIZE=1024
options		SC_PIXEL_MODE

But even if it panics, I have no dump/reboot. And nothing works
(pressing power button) so I'm only able to hard shutdown sadly.

--
Demelier David