Who successfully suspend its laptop?

Jung-uk Kim jkim at FreeBSD.org
Tue Jul 13 20:49:57 UTC 2010

On Tuesday 13 July 2010 02:59 pm, David DEMELIER wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Every feedback I have, and every mails I see there is still a lot
> of problems with suspend/resume on laptops with FreeBSD. Of course
> it's not only FreeBSD the problem it's also the bad manufacturers
> (HP :-)) that provides buggy ACPI/BIOS.
>
> Who have a laptop that fully works with suspend/resume ?

I do.  My Asus G2K + FreeBSD/amd64 + -CURRENT + vesa.ko combination
works perfectly fine.  I can suspend/resume within X.org server +
xf86-video-ati + drm(4) just fine, too.  Of course, I am little
biased because I am a major developer in the area. ;-)

> Personally, suspend works, but resume does not wake up the screen
> and there is nothing I can do, the system seems to be freezed
> (maybe panic?).

Can you please tell us little bit about your hardware and its
configuration?  FYI, FreeBSD/amd64 + -CURRENT + vesa.ko is the best
way to resume video screen if your video controller is the only
problem.

> I will check, and try to make a kernel dump if possible.

That'll be nice to have if it really panics.

Jung-uk Kim