Wireless problems on 8.0-RELEASE

Alex alex323 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 6 15:35:34 UTC 2010

Hi. I am having connection issues with multiple servers, and I think it
might be related to FreeBSD. Whenever I try to log in to Paypal or edit
Wikipedia, I get no response from the web server after POSTing the form
data. Additionally, when I try to email a colleague a file (Claws
3.7.3), the transfer to gmail's SMTP server stops at *exactly* 36864
bytes, every time. The file is only ~600KB.

I am using wireless on a Thinkpad X200:
44C8733I SBB THINKPAD B/G/N 44C5194I SBB INTEGRWIRELESSWIDEAREANETW
which appears to be a RTL8192SE. I am using the drivers provided by the
manufacturer combined with ndis.

My MTU is set to 1500, and net.inet.tcp.tso is disabled.

Does anyone know why this might be happening?

--
Alex