Weird right click issues when using freebsd synaptics driver

Nicholas McKenzie nicholassmckenzie at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 12:01:56 UTC 2010

When I use the right click on my synaptics touch pad on my HP dv5-1004nr, it
sometimes works properly, but other times i get weird errors. I cannot use
the x11-drivers/xf86-input-synaptics because it has some kind of glitch when
being used with x11-drivers/xf86-video-[ati. radeon] that freezes the
system. (Side note: anyone know of any workaround for this?) This leaves the
only solution for enabling synaptics support in FreeBSD to add
hw.psm.synaptics_support="1". Everything works beautifully except for the
right mouse button. With the occasional, properly working exception, the
following actions are experienced when right clicking:
* Right clicking on the KDE taskbard causes it to scroll through the virtual
desktops.
* Right clicking in Firefox causes it to switch tabs or scroll to the top of
the page, sometimes going back a page.
* Right clicking in Opera causes it to scroll to the top of the page, or pop
up a window that cyles through the pages (by pressing Ctrl+tab).

Dmesg, loader.conf, sysctl.conf attached. The Mouse section of my xorg.conf:
Section "InputDevice"
Identifier "Mouse0"
Driver "mouse"
Option "Protocol" "auto"