FreeBSD 7.2-STABLE driver support on Thinkpad T500

William Bulley web at umich.edu
Fri Feb 5 13:39:41 UTC 2010

According to Gary Dunn <knowtree at aloha.com> on Fri, 02/05/10 at 04:56:

> I just put 8.0-STABLE on my Fujitsu T1010 with Intel 5100 AGN and the
> iwn driver works perfectly. This what I put in /etc/rc.conf. (My home
> network is "Oz," I do not use encryption, and I restrict access by MAC
> address.)
>
> # iwn0 is built-in wifi
> wlans_iwn0="wlan0"
> ifconfig_wlan0="DHCP ssid=Oz"

Thanks, and this is very encouraging, but, BUT, will this work with
the Intel 5300 (AGN) that my T500 has installed?  The man page for
iwn(4) lists the 5100 but not the 5300.  I am not familiar enough
with this Intel hardware to know if they are close enough to each
other (work-alikes) for the iwn(4) driver.

This might be worth my trying (to rebuild my kernel) this weekend
if I get the chance.  Thanks again!   :-)

Regards,

web...

William Bulley                     Email: web at umich.edu

72 characters width template ----------------------------------------->|