kern/145306: [acpi]: Can't change brightness on HP ProBook 4510s

David DEMELIER demelier.david at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 14:43:38 UTC 2010

Today I tried FreeBSD on a HP Pavilion laptop.

I loaded acpi_video module and pressing the fn keys makes some acpi
error in dmesg. Using xev and pressing these keys does not output
anything. On my laptop there is no errors in the dmesg, but there is
output when using xev.

KeymapNotify event, serial 27, synthetic NO, window 0x0,
    keys:  0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0
           0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0   0

I think the keys are completely ignored my the kernel, is there anyway
to quirk these keys and then kernel will be able to catch them as bios
events?

Cheers,