Dell M4400 && power-off the display on Lid close (8-CURRENT / Xorg)

Matthias Apitz guru at unixarea.de
Fri Sep 11 07:06:40 UTC 2009

El día Thursday, September 10, 2009 a las 10:28:22AM -0700, Kevin Oberman escribió:

> Are you loading acpi_video?
>
> Even if you do, if you have a Radeon, I am not sure it will turn off the
> back-light, but, if this is an issue, you can install the radeontool and
> add the appropriate commands to devd.conf in addition to the sysctl.

With loading acpi_video it works now in console mode, i.e. the LCD goes
off and on on lid close/open. When I have X11 up and running (the Nvidia
driver), the LCD goes off as well, but on return I only see the console
message of the X11 startup-session (i.e. the console from where I
launched 'startx') and I'm unable to switch to any other virtual screen
and also not to the X11 session; zapping X11 with Ctrl-Alt-BS does not
work either and I have had to reboot with power-off/on.

Any idea? Thanks

	matthias

--
Matthias Apitz
t +49-89-61308 351 - f +49-89-61308 399 - m +49-170-4527211