netbooks vs FreeBSD

Alexandre "Sunny" Kovalenko gaijin.k at gmail.com
Sat May 23 20:58:00 UTC 2009

On Sat, 2009-05-23 at 13:31 -0400, Sean Cavanaugh wrote:
> [...]
I did not run FreeBSD on it, so I apologize for slight OT, but my wife's
Samsung NC10 (2.8 lbs, 10.2" screen, 160GB 5400RPM HDD) is pushing 6
hours of the battery life with the wireless on and memory upgraded to
2GB. This is under Windows XP HOME ULCPC though.

Wireless card (as reported by Windows) is Atheros AR5007EG, so you might
need to ask around whether it is supported by ath driver.

HTH,
--
Alexandre Kovalenko (Олександр Коваленко)