Intel/Pro Wireless 3945ABG working! now slow :(

Jason Nordwick jnordwick at gmail.com
Sat Mar 21 08:27:07 PDT 2009

Now that I have wireless working, I can copy and paste into messages, yeah!

[jnordwick at jj ~]$ uname -a
FreeBSD jj.nordwick.com 7.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 7.1-RELEASE #0: Thu Jan  1
14:37:25 UTC 2009     root at logan.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC
i386

[jnordwick at jj ~]$ cat /etc/rc.conf

# -- sysinstall generated deltas -- # Wed Mar 18 20:34:14 2009
# Created: Wed Mar 18 20:34:14 2009
# Enable network daemons for user convenience.
# Please make all changes to this file, not to /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
# This file now contains just the overrides from /etc/defaults/rc.conf.
hostname="jj.nordwick.com"
ifconfig_bfe0="DHCP"
ifconfig_wpi0="ssid mamalinz DHCP"
keymap="us.emacs"
linux_enable="YES"
moused_enable="YES"
moused_flags="-3"
sshd_enable="YES"

And  I have no /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf

The card works great with windows, and no other machine in the house
(including Wii/PS3/PSP/Mac/Windows) have any problems connection or being
speedy).

For hardware, the machine is a Dell Inspiron E1705 dual core. So could there
be SMP issues maybe?

When connected by a wire, the download speed is much faster so it seems to
be a wireless only problem.

-j