Intel/Pro Wireless 3945ABG working! now slow :(

Doug Barton dougb at FreeBSD.org
Fri Mar 20 22:13:07 PDT 2009

Jason Nordwick wrote:
> Thanks for all the help. The problem was just that I couldn't figure out
> which device I needed to use and the information to turn on the device
> was in the man page that I didn't know about because it wasn't listed in
> the device output. Doh.
>
> Thank you everybody for your help. It all works now (except I still find
> it clunky to manage the networks I want to join, but I figure I'll find
> something out there to help with that or be able to write a script to do
> it).
>
> Now, I just have speed issues. For example, right now I am trying to
> install some ports, but maxing out the download at about 4-6 k/sec. Did
> I not include wpi0.makefast="YES" or something?

It's impossible to help you diagnose this without a lot more
information. What version of FreeBSD are you using? What settings do
you have in rc.conf and (if appropriate) /etc/wpa_supplicant.conf?
Have you tried the same card with the same AP(s) with another
operating system?

I have this same card and it works quite well in both FreeBSD and
Windows in 11g mode with my Linksys WRT54G AP on 8-current.

hth,

Doug