Any success with Lenovo T60

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Wed Jun 3 08:48:31 UTC 2009

Hi

> I'll attach the patch in a Triaez fashion :)
> though I don't think this is the way to go.
> # We need to implement suspend_cpus() for i386 and utilize it.

Just tested patch with modem suggestion on my T60.

Kind of success, If I boot kernel without modules and then do suspend
It resumes, and kind of 'lived' after that (everything expect display).

If I had X on another vt I can switch here and it works fine.
On switch back to console I get again black screen (no even backlight).

hw.acpi.reset_video=1 makes difference, now after wake-up there is backlight, even sometimes
just after wake-up it shows previous screen for a moment then makes it black again (but with backlight).

Only switching to X reconfigures video mode again.

If I try to suspend with modules loaded it does not wake up.
(need to dig what module is problem)

Any hints are very appreciated.

PS. fresh 8-CURRENT, recent ports, patch from this thread.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
vova at fbsd.ru