Tethering with HTC Touch Pro -- how?

Vincent Hoffman vince at unsane.co.uk
Wed Jan 28 03:07:06 PST 2009

Jack Twilley wrote:
> I have enabled internet connection sharing on my HTC Touch Pro by
> modifying the registry.  The phone works for tethering on my Vista box
> as expected.  How do I make it work on FreeBSD?

Although the synce ports have improved from when i last tried to use the
(http://www.synce.org/moin/SynceInstallation/FreeBSD) I'm not sure there
is a way to do this cabled, so to tether my HTC I used a reghack to make
it act as an ad-hoc wifi access point.
see http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=341398
There are also commercial apps that do this (one of which is referenced
in that link)

I no longer have a windows mobile so cant really help much beyond that.

Vince