wpi and suspend/resume

Frank Staals frank at fstaals.net
Tue Dec 22 17:31:34 UTC 2009

Hey everyone,

Is anyone running a system with a wireless card using the wpi driver
that can successfully suspend/resume ? I have a Dell Latitude D630
running FreeBSD 8-STABLE on amd64, the system suspends and resumes fine
( acpiconf -s3 ). However after bringing it back up wpi0 refuses to
reconnect to a network:

frank at Rena# uname -a
FreeBSD Rena.FStaals.LAN 8.0-STABLE FreeBSD 8.0-STABLE #0: Thu Dec 10
21:06:05 CET 2009
frank at Rena.FStaals.LAN:/home/obj/usr/src/sys/RENAKERNEL  amd64

When I resume the system the following error message is printed to dmesg:

Dec 18 21:34:29 Rena kernel: wpi0: fatal firmware error
Dec 18 21:34:29 Rena kernel: wpi0: timeout resetting Rx ring

I tried bringing the interface down and up again (ifconfig wpi0 down up
) and reassociate with wpa_cli. Unfortunately after resuming wpi simply
won't reconnect again. It is very nice that my system actually
successfully suspends and resumes for the rest, but without networking
connectivity ( if_bge is also dead after a suspend ) uses are rather
limited. So is anyone successfully resuming with a system using the wpi
driver ?

--

- Frankn