Atheros AR9281 still not supported?

Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com
Mon Dec 21 15:34:57 UTC 2009

So I take it that the newer Atheros chipsets are still not supported in
FreeBSD 8?  I thought I saw a rumor a while ago that they would be but
now I can't track it down and of course the BugBusting page shows this
series as still unsupported.

Unfortunately I'm having a problem with my formerly trusty ar5212
interface since I upgraded (hangs, can't reset, error "ath_chan_set:
unable to reset channel 36 (5180 Mhz, flags 0x140), hal status 3") so I
was hoping to use the builtin interface, but it appears that's out.
Please correct me if I'm wrong.  Thanks.
--
Frank Mayhar frank at exit.com  http://www.exit.com/
                                http://www.exit.com/blog/frank/