ThinkPad 3GHz [[ alledgedly]]

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Wed Oct 15 22:05:32 UTC 2008

On Fri, Oct 10, 2008 at 04:43:17PM -0700, Gary Kline wrote:

> 	I just bought the last pre-Lenovo [?] IBM ThinkPad.  I would have
> 	much preferred the computer *without* an OS, but hell will freeze
> 	over before that happens.  Nutshell, it's got XP on it and I'd
> 	like to know if I can scrape it off and either give or sell it.
> 	And if so:exactly how.  It *is* old-fashioned as some reviewers
> 	wrote in '05, but it has Only the trackstick or stictrak to move
> 	the pointer.  No scratch-and-sniff pad where I'll rest my palm.
> 	Built-in wireless and built-in cable jack.

	Well, guys, the G41 Thinkpad had a bad cat5 jack, and the
	"Customer Support" chap at portefix.com had not replied to two
	(polite) letters.   The site has a [Canadian] BBB logo; that's
	the only reason I risked dealing with them.

	I've already taken Step #1: writing to the Quebec BBB.  See
	what happens.  Meanwhile, beware of buying anything from this
	tiny (2-person) dealer.  (*sigh*)