ThinkPad 3GHz [[ alledgedly]]

Gary Kline kline at thought.org
Sat Oct 11 00:02:48 UTC 2008

	Well, for a change I'm not writing dub questions to the main
	list!  This time, just some advice and maybe hand-holding ...
	with a pat/back and "That's all right; you didn't have any
	choice."

	I just bought the last pre-Lenovo [?] IBM ThinkPad.  I would have
	much preferred the computer *without* an OS, but hell will freeze
	over before that happens.  Nutshell, it's got XP on it and I'd
	like to know if I can scrape it off and either give or sell it.
	And if so:exactly how.  It *is* old-fashioned as some reviewers
	wrote in '05, but it has Only the trackstick or stictrak to move
	the pointer.  No scratch-and-sniff pad where I'll rest my palm.
	Built-in wireless and built-in cable jack.

	So: should I just drop in 7.1-R or Ubuntu-XYZ over the Windows
	or what?  The ONLY use I'd ever have to use W is to play my
	French CD's. O/wise it's useless.

	thanks for any insights,

	gary