FreeBSD on laptops

Reg Me Please regmeplease at gmail.com
Thu Oct 2 14:48:13 UTC 2008

Hi all.

I'm considering to move from Linux to FreeBSD on my main laptop.
I don't have enough time resources for the "test and try" process
I'd like to know from the community what is the status for:
0. Core2 Duo CPUs
1. Support for modern chipsets (ICH8)
2. support for power management (mostly ACPI and CPU clock freq. ) on laptops
3. support for accelerated graphic cards (nVidia GeForce 8600M GT)
4. support for Intel wifi (4965 AGN)
5. support for other hardware like audio, card readers, i-Link, USB

And, of course, any advise about FreeBSD on laptops will be highly
appreciated.

Thanks in advance.