Logitech V470 Bluetooth Mouse on FreeBSD ?

mato gamato at users.sf.net
Mon Mar 31 12:29:55 PDT 2008

Iain Hibbert wrote:
> On Sun, 30 Mar 2008, mato wrote:
>

>> Section "InputDevice"
>>        Identifier  "Mouse0"
>>        Driver      "mouse"
>>        Option      "Protocol" "auto"
>>        Option      "Device" "/dev/sysmouse"
>>        Option      "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
>> EndSection
>>

> FWIW this at least is probably correct, but I found that last year when I
> bought an "Apple Mighty Mouse" I still had some trouble because the
> bsd_mouse driver for X was not handling the Z direction. Of course, this
> was on NetBSD/wsmouse so it is different but the bsd_mouse.c file s the
> same handler.
>
> Also you may need
> 	Option        "Buttons" "7"

I hadn't found this option in xorg.conf manual.  Thanks.
Unfortunately it did not help in this case.
>> Any ideas pls ?
>>

> also, I think bthidd does not handle the Z direction**. Note that
> sometimes a mouse will present the horizontal component of the scroll ball
> as "Consumer/PAN" instead of "Generic Desktop/Z"
>
> hth,
> iain
>
> ** confusingly, HUG_WHEEL is the vertical scroll and HUG_Z is horizontal
> but the vertical scroll is internally called Z and sometimes HUG_Z is the
> vertical direction when there is no HUG_WHEEL.

Well, this mouse of mine presents itself exactly as you said ...

Input   id=2 size=12 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=X Variable
Relative, log
ical range -2047..2047
Input   id=2 size=12 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=Y Variable
Relative, log
ical range -2047..2047
Input   id=2 size=8 count=1 page=Generic_Desktop usage=Wheel Variable
Relative,
logical range -127..127
Input   id=2 size=8 count=1 page=Consumer usage=AC_Pan Variable
Relative, logica
l range -127..127

What can be done about it ??

Cheers,