[Wireless] Can't connect to wlan

Yousif Hassan yousif at alumni.jmu.edu
Fri Mar 14 13:53:11 UTC 2008

Benjamin Close wrote:

> Sam Leffler wrote:
>> Yousif Hassan wrote:
>>> On Wed, 2008-03-12 at 08:06 +1030, Benjamin Close wrote:

<snip>
>>> The slightly wonky:
>>> - As reported by someone else:
>>>   wpi0: timeout resetting Tx ring 1
>>>   wpi0: timeout resetting Tx ring 3
>>>   wpi0: timeout resetting Tx ring 4
>>> appear on startup and occasionally on kldload - however they don't
>>> appear to adversely affect too much
<snip>

>> wpi doesn't yet support background scan so doing an explicit scan from
>> the command line will disconnect you from any ap you care connected to.
>> It shouldn't be hard to add bgscan--but that's easy for me to say :)
>>
> It's certainly on my todo list!

Thanks for reminding me about the bgscan thing.  I had read that somewhere
before and completely forgotten!

Ben, are the
wpi0: timeout resetting Tx ring 1
wpi0: timeout resetting Tx ring 3
wpi0: timeout resetting Tx ring 4
(and other variants thereof)
messages anything to be concerned about?  It doesn't seem to affect stuff
but it does show up on initial startup and every other scan I do.

Thanks to everyone who worked on wpi for a most excellent driver.

--Y