ThinkPad x61s

Kevin Oberman oberman at es.net
Tue Mar 11 20:32:54 UTC 2008

> Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 22:42:59 +0900
> From: Takashi Inoue <takash-i at sophia.ac.jp>
> Sender: owner-freebsd-mobile at freebsd.org
>

> >> I cannot use Fn + Home and so on, after Kernel is loaded.
> >> Are you able to do that on your X61s?
> >> If so, let ne know how did you manage.
> >
> > Not having a X61s, what does Fn+Home do?
> >

>   It makes LCD brightness up.
>   Also, Fn+F7 for video output change does not work
>   at this moment. Very pity.
>
>   Brightness, I can change by using sysctl.
>   Maybe, I can change also video output by some way.

You should be able to use the key events trigger code to increment the
sysctl.  (Not that I have actually tried this.)

Does xrandr work on the X61s? If so, this should also be doable by making
the Fn+F7 trigger the appropriate xrandr command. Work fine on my T43.

You could even write a gtk (or qt) based tool to bring up a GUI to let
you customize this (similar to what the ThinkPads do under Windows
XP). (No, I am not planning on writing one. My simple method is adequate
to my needs.)
--
R. Kevin Oberman, Network Engineer
Energy Sciences Network (ESnet)