ThinkPad x61s

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Tue Mar 11 09:40:09 UTC 2008

On Tue, 2008-03-11 at 18:21 +1030, Benjamin Close wrote:
> With the recent patches available (see below) the experimental status is
> rapidly vanishing.
>
> Cheers,
>     Benjamin

Hi Benjamin

One of the features I would really like in wpi(4) is hostap mode
support, which would allow me to access/provide services to wireless
devices like my ipod from my laptop. I even went out and bought an
ath(4) to do this, only to be denied by my HP BIOS!

Is this sort of feature technically possible, or was it only through the
hardware interface exported by the ath binary HAL that this feature is
possible? I notice no other wifi cards support hostap.

Thanks

Tom