Acer Aspire 5672 laptop and FreeBSD 7.0

Torfinn Ingolfsen torfinn.ingolfsen at broadpark.no
Sun Mar 9 21:46:56 UTC 2008

Hello,
This is just a short update for the archives.
I just "upgraded" the FreeBSD installation on my Acer Aspire 5672[1]
laptop today, by installing FreeBSD 7.0-release / i386 on a partition.
Previously the machine had a 6.3-prerelease installed, which wsn't
usable as I had to disable acpi to get network connectivity.

The hard, cold facts: I still have to disable acpi (by using
hint.acpi.0.disabled="1" in /boot/loader.conf) in order to get the
network interfaces (wpi and bge) working. If I boot with acpi enabled,
the drivers don't attach. Sadly, using this laptop without acpi isn't
possible, as both thermal control and cpu speed control also does not
work with acpi disabled.

More info and dmesg output etc on the web page[1].