fbsd 7 + intel wireless 3945bg

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Mar 6 12:22:06 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-03-06 at 13:06 +0200, Ivan Vanney wrote:
> Do you know how can I install the wireless card intel 3945bg in fbsd 7?, thnx.

7.0 already has the driver for intel 3945bg, although it is very new and
may contain some bugs. ``ifconfig wpi0 up'' should load it, but you will
need to acknowledge the license as well by setting the kernel
environment variable legal.intel_wpi.license_ack=1. man 4 wpi for full
details.

To do this permanently
	``echo legal.intel_wpi.license_ack=1 >>/boot/loader.conf''
or to do it temporarily do
	``kenv legal.intel_wpi.license_ack=1''

If it doesn't load, check /var/log/messages for why.

Cheers

Tom