Acer 4720Z and Atheros wireless card

Isaac MacFarlane spideyfan1972 at gmail.com
Sat Jun 28 06:44:55 UTC 2008

Hello all. I am trying to find a *NIX system that will work with this
system. Mandriva calls the card an AR5006 and Vista said it was an AR5007.
Vista worked fine for about a month or so, but I have decided I want to go
all free on my systems. Mandriva will work with the card but locks up after
a few hours requiring a restart. Not really acceptable. And it is the best I
found in the Linux world. Would any of the BSD systems work with this card?
Any recommendations would be most appreciated.

Isaac MacFarlane