Laptop suggestions?

Jacob Frelinger jolly at thecoffinclub.com
Sun Jul 27 20:34:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, 25 Jul 2008 15:56:11 +0100 (BST)
Robert Watson <rwatson at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Likewise, I've had difficulty with the z60t, which has suspend issues
> (it doesn't), and occasional atheros flakiness that I have been
> meaning to bug Sam about but haven't had time to do so as yet.
> Sadly, the battery failed quite quickly once the warranty expired, so
> I barely use it anymore, which is something of a shame but left me
> with a bad impression.

just to report, my z60t (2511-HAU) suspends and resumes pretty well
(with the correct kernel config, mainly removing usb and sound).  It
only fails to suspend and resume properly about 1 in 20 times.  All in
all I've been happy with my z60t and have ordered a t61 to replace it
(if lenovo will ever ship the darn thing, but that is a different issue
then hardware).

--
Jacob "I'm Brainy For Zombie Pops" Frelinger
Jolly at TheCoffinClub dot Com