[freebsd-mobile] Re: Readily available card on 5.5?

Tuc at T-B-O-H.NET ml at t-b-o-h.net
Mon Jan 7 13:42:24 PST 2008

> > 	so I need to find a replacement. The system can only go as
> > far as FreeBSD 5.5, anything past and it isn't happy.
>
> 6 was a pain / impossible for some old laptops with pcmcia,
> but 7 now supports some pcmcia again, give it a try if you haven't.
>
> PS I've made some notes in my struggles to update some of my old laptops.
> http://www.berklix.com/~jhs/hardware/laptops/

Hi,

	Thanks. Unfortunately I couldn't even get the kernel to boot
on the system that I need the card on. On another laptop I can't go
past 5.4-p22 otherwise it stops booting the kernel completely.

	So I guess I could just really use to know what, if anything,
people are doing to keep wireless connectivity when forced to be on
5.5?

		Thanks, Tuc