toshiba libretto l5 and xorg

Gianmarco Giovannelli freebsd at gimbo.org
Tue Feb 26 07:50:30 UTC 2008

Hi all.

I have an old Toshiba libretto L5 that ran FreeBSD 4-STABLE and XFree
4.x without too much problems.

Now I installed 7.0-RC and the latest Xorg 7.3 (from the pkgs).
The problem is that with the xorg and the ati or radeon driver (the
libretto has an ATI Radeon Mobility M6 LY) the display is not
correctly initialize resulting in a couple of mouse on the screen :-)
and some funny things even if it seem not to hangs .

Using the vesa driver the screen remain blank and the only solution
is to kill the X server.

So basically:
1) is there someone that has this laptop running happily xorg  and
want to share his/her configs ?
2) if it is a problem of xorg I can try today to compile xfree again
but the port is really outdated (4.5 vs 4.7) and deprecated too and
there is no package :-)

Any hints ?

I attach my Xorg.0.log

Thanks very much for any help.