FreeBSD for mips

Alphons "Fonz" van Werven a.j.werven at student.utwente.nl
Mon Dec 29 16:56:38 UTC 2008

Dmitry Kolosov wrote:

> Is there a *BSD porting project to MIPS?

If by MIPS you mean the Silicon Graphics machines, then yes.

FreeBSD has a MIPS port in the works, but as far as I can tell it's still
considered highly experimental. However, you may want to help out if you
have the time ;-)

OpenBSD seems to have limited MIPS support: 64-bit only, so an O2 will work
but an Indy probably won't.

NetBSD just works. I've had it running on two SGI Indy machines without
much of any kind of trouble. But then again, NetBSD runs on just about
everything.

Hope this helps,

Alphons

--
If riding in an airplane is flying, then riding in a boat is swimming.
If you want to experience the element, get out of the vehicle.