fprint (finger print sensor framework) port ready for testing

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Apr 15 13:57:49 UTC 2008

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 20:07:40 +0200
Simon Barner <barner at FreeBSD.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I did a port [2] of the fprint finger print sensor framework [1]
> and would like to receive some feedback before I commit it.
>
> It comes with a PAM module for finger print based authentication, a
> graphical (fprint_demo) and a console (pam_fprint_enroll) application
> for finger print enrollment.
>
> I did my tests with the UPEK sensor found in Lenovo's T61.
>
> Simon
>
> (M'fup2 ports@)
>
> [1] http://www.reactivated.net/fprint/wiki/Main_Page
> [2] http://home.leo.org/~barner/freebsd/fprint.tar.gz

Hi Simon,
I installed both packages. Used wheel instead of operators for devfs (I am member of wheel). running as root made it work great :)

I have a Lenovo Thinkpad z60m, upekts driver. The details :

FreeBSD ayiin.octantis.com.au 7.0-STABLE FreeBSD 7.0-STABLE #43: Mon Apr 14 11:50:52 EST 2008     root at ayiin.octantis.com.au:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AYIIN  i386

$ sudo usbdevs  -v -d
[...]
Controller /dev/usb2:
addr 1: full speed, self powered, config 1, UHCI root hub(0x0000), Intel(0x0000), rev 1.00
  uhub2
 port 1 powered
 port 2 addr 2: full speed, power 100 mA, config 1, Biometric Coprocessor(0x2016), STMicroelectronics(0x0483), rev 0.01
   ugen0
[...]

dmesg shows  :
Apr 14 22:17:08 ayiin kernel: ugen0: <STMicroelectronics Biometric Coprocessor, class 0/0, rev 1.00/0.01, addr 2> on uhub2

Best regards,

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"A dream you dream together is reality."
  John Lennon