setting dev.acpi_ibm.0.events at boot time

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue Apr 15 07:05:38 UTC 2008

On Sun, 13 Apr 2008 13:19:39 -0400
Dan Langille <dan at langille.org> wrote:

> I'm trying to set dev.acpi_ibm.0.events to 1.  I'm failing.  I can set
> it from the command line:
[...]
> I have tried /etc/sysctl.conf:
>
> $ grep ibm /etc/sysctl.conf
> dev.acpi_ibm.0.events=1
>
> and /boot/loader.conf:
>
> $ grep ibm /boot/loader.conf
> acpi_ibm_load="YES"
> dev.acpi_ibm.0.events="1"
>
> Neither of which result in the desired results.

hi Dan,

sysctl.conf works ok for me:

# Needed for custom ACPI control
# This will pass ACPI events to devd after acpi_ibm.
#    Custom devd config can be found in /usr/local/etc/devd
dev.acpi_ibm.0.events=1

BUT i clearly remember that a few times, after rebuilding kernel (or world?)
events wouldn't be set, as it is the case with you. It hasn't happened for a
while..and I don't remember if it was on 6 or 7...

it just got fixed by building kernel again, i think...

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

  Edmund Burke

Warned.