Wireless on hp 6710b

Andrey andrey.kosachenko at gmail.com
Fri Apr 11 07:31:19 UTC 2008

Hmm... things you've mentioned above sound very (*very*) suspicious.
Could you please provide us with output of
# uname -a

Also (just in case) could you please show the output of:
# egrep -A1 '^200[78][0-9]{4}:' /usr/src/UPDATING | head -n 30

and

# ls -alF /usr/src/sys/dev/wpi/

besideinfo wrote:
> --- Benjamin Close <Benjamin.Close at clearchain.com>
> wrote:
>
>> besideinfo wrote:

>> that
>> in

>> is

>> new
>>>>

>>> At this point I believe it is better to summarize
>> all
>>> I have done so far.
>>>
>>> I rebuilt my kernel the same day I installed
>> freeBSD.
>>> I followed the instructions on the handbook, and
>> all
>>> process was successfully completed.
>>>
>>> Later, I realized that the wireless card wasn't
>>> working, and after some posts I found out(with
>> your
>>> help) ath0 wasn't suitable for the wireless card.
>>>
>>> Because of that I decided to "rebuild again" the
>>> kenel, but this time I removed all wireless
>> devices
>>> from the configuration file and used the
>>> /boot/conf.loader so configurated:
>>>
>>> #hint.acpi.0.disabled="1"
>>>
>>> firmware_load="YES"
>>> if_wpi_load="YES"