Wireless on hp 6710b

besideinfo besideinfo at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 8 22:11:50 UTC 2008

--- Yousif Hassan <yousif at alumni.jmu.edu> wrote:

> I don't really understand what you mean here.  Do
> you mean they do not show
> up in kldstat at all, or that they do show up in
> kldstat but are still
> "missing" in terms of being attached?  (Both
> scenarios possible).
>
> I'm not sure if it'll matter - my pciconf is ever so
> slightly different:
> class=0x028000 card=0x135b103c chip=0x42228086
> rev=0x02 hdr=0x00
>                                              ^
> I have b instead of c but I doubt this matters,
> however only a developer of
> wpi could answer definitively.
> It sounds like it could be because the modules are
> failing to load - which
> may *not* be a problem with the wireless card
> itself, but something else.
> If they *are* loading, but the device is not
> attaching, then the problem
> could be related to some hardware in your system.
>
> Did you try manually loading the if_wpi.ko module?
> What error do you get?
> There have been some bugs reported with certain PCI
> implementations that
> cause wpi not to attach, but I haven't (personally)
> seen any bad reports for
> HPs.  My HP works, although it's a later model than
> yours.  In those cases,
> the kernel module loads but doesn't attach.
>
> (Also, try not to top-post, it makes tracking the
> current spot in the
> conversation harder for new people coming into the
> thread who may want to
> help you.)
>
> --Yousif

Sorry my previous post was incomplete.

what I mean is that the five modules are declared in
the loader.conf, but kldstat doesn't show them up.

I tried to locate the five module using the locate
command, but the only modules presents on my notebook
are wlan_amrr.ko and wpifw.ko.
The modules if_wpi, wlan_scan_sta and wlan_scan_ap do
not exists.

I forgot to say that this the first time I use freeBSD
a mailing list and above my english is bad. So any
advice are well accept.