Wireless on hp 6710b

Pippo Pippone besideinfo at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 7 01:51:55 UTC 2008

Hi,
I have a HP 6710b notebook with an Intel PRO/Wireless 802.1, and I'm trying to make the wireless to work.
I followed the instruction from the freeBSD handbook but without result. When I type ifconfig I cant see the wireless card.
I checked the kernel configuration file, and it contains all the devices needed (ath, ath_hal, ath_rate_sample, wlan, wlan_wep, wlan_ccmp, wlan_tkip). However, from the boot message  I cant see any information for the  ath0 device.
The freeBDS  I installed is 6.3 and the notebook is a core duo T7300.

Thanks for your time in advance.