battery monitor with KDE 64 bit

martinko gamato at users.sf.net
Sun Apr 6 11:45:29 UTC 2008

Lars Engels wrote:
> Quoting Dan Langille <dan at langille.org>:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I'm running 7.0 amd64 with KDE 3.5
>>
>> sysutils/klaptopdaemon works only on i386
>>
>> What battery monitor software are you using?
>
> dbsd-battinfo from sysutils/desktopbsd-tools offers you a tray icon.
> sysutils/nbosd can show you battery info and cpu frequency on demand
> with and on screen display.
>

> Lars

Hi Lars,

sysutils/nbosd looks very nice and rather useful, thanks! :-)

However, I can think of the following:

There are 2 important/interesting information missing:
- remaining run-time in hours:minutes when running on battery
- CPU temperature (especially on laptops)

Also, it might be quite useful to render battery related info in red
colour once battery charge drops below some (configurable) limit when
not running on AC power.

The last but not least important is this -- nbosd shows you info on
demand only.  I find that most often I forget about my battery running
flat and thus nbosd wouldn't help.  Any idea how to deal with it ?

Cheers,

Martin