Thinkpad t43p suspend/resume only once

Richard Kolkovich sarumont at sigil.org
Thu Apr 3 15:57:57 UTC 2008

On my T43p, I can suspend to RAM (S3) and resume once.  After this, nothing
happens when I close the lid (until a reboot).  I started digging into this
today, and it looks like the acpi device is in a bad state after the resume.
Running devd -dD from a terminal shows no output from ACPI buttons after the
resume.

I discovered today, however, that I can run acpiconf -s S3 to regain my ability
to sleep/resume.  This will suspend the machine and immediately resume it, after
which devd shows output again.

Has anyone ever seen anything like this, or should I redirect my queries to
freebsd-acpi?

TIA

--

Richard Kolkovich