SD/MMC (ricoh) reader on Thinkpad T61

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Tue Sep 18 11:12:27 PDT 2007

In message: <20070916225050.M75174 at swaggi.com>
            "Yuri Lukin" <lists at swaggi.com> writes:
: On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 18:45:52 +0400, Pankov Pavel wrote
: >
: > But after this changes I'm stuck with panics related to the driver
: > trying to sleep in interrupt handler (dump aviable). Let me know if
: > you have any ideas how to fix it.
:
: This is great progress towards a working driver. Warner Losh reported in his
: blog that Ricoh chipset works but not sure which driver he was using:
:
: http://bsdimp.blogspot.com/2007/05/sdmmc.html
:
: Maybe we should copy freebsd-current list for a wider audience?

There are two different drivers for SD/MMC right now.  The one that I
wrote, which sorbo wrote a driver for the laptop bridges and the one
that umemoto-san has written about (authored by gotanda-san).  Sorbo's
driver works well on Ricoh based bridges, but fails for TI based ones.
Gotanda-san's driver has a little more support for TI bridges that
he's done in response to my testing.  I still owe him some testing on
his driver.  The down side of Gotanda-san's driver is that it doesn't
integrate into the sd/mmc infrastructure that's currently in the tree.

In other words: I'm working on it but have limited time to make
progress.

Warner