help!! trying to convert wireless card driver

Terrence Wilson tjw43 at drexel.edu
Sun Sep 16 11:21:47 PDT 2007

I need whatever help I can get using ndis to converter a wireless nic
so I can use it on my laptop. it seems that I don't have iconv working
properly. I go into the ndisgen program by typing the command:

# ndisgen

The program opens and gives a list of options. I choose option 3:
Convert driver. The program then asks me to type in the path to the
.inf file. So I type:

/cdrom/DRIVER/bcmwl5.inf

The program then says "This .INF file appears to be in Unicode. The
iconv(1) utility does not appear to be installed. Please install this
utility or convert the .INF file to ASCII and run this utility."

So, I downloaded the iconv-2.0_3.tbz package and run the command:

# pkg_add iconv-2.0_3.tbz

Then I try ndisgen again and I get the above error message again. When
I type in the command

# pkg_info -L iconv-2.0_3 | less

I get a list of files including biconv, iconv_mktbl, biconv.h, etc.
But when I enter the command:

# iconv

I get the message: Command not found.