ACPI Attach (acpi_ibm) stops mouse from working

Tom Judge tom at tomjudge.com
Mon Oct 22 06:34:39 PDT 2007

Hi,

I have recently setup an IBM/Lenovo T43 with RELENG_7 as of mid last
week, however I have a problem with the acpi_ibm module.

If I add acpi_ibm_load="YES" to loader.conf I get the following message
during boot:

psm0: unable to allocate IRQ

This is followed by a message stating that the acpi_ibm module has
attached to IRQ 12.

If I remove this module from loader.conf and boot the system the mouse
attaches and works as expected.  If I then kldload acpi_ibm the module
attaches to acpi0.

Is there any way to make this work without loading the acpi module after
boot?

Thanks

Tom