4965AGN ndis driver panic

Anton Berezin tobez at tobez.org
Fri Oct 12 13:23:37 PDT 2007

Hi,

There is a 4965AGN WiFi card present in my new HP 2510p laptop.
I tried to make an NDIS driver for it.  The ndisgen utility succeeds, but
then I get the following panic when I am trying to kldload the driver:

   http://www.tobez.org/misc/2510p-panic1.jpg
   http://www.tobez.org/misc/2510p-panic2.jpg

The system is i386 CURRENT from yesterday.  The drivers are for 32-bit XP.
The drivers were taken from the HP support site.  I tried latest drivers
from the Intel site, with similar results.

The questions are:

- has anyone made 4965AGN work in their setup on FreeBSD?
- if so, how?
- where do I go from this panic - any hints or suggestions?

Thanks,
\Anton.
--
We're going for 'working' here. 'clean' is for people with skills...
-- Flemming Jacobsen