Intel 3945ABG with ipw driver on CURRENT

Tom Evans tevans.uk at googlemail.com
Thu Oct 4 01:31:45 PDT 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 17:55 +0100, Rui Paulo wrote:
> On 10/3/07, Frank Staals <frankstaals at gmx.net> wrote:
> > Hey,
> >
> > Last week I finally received my Dell Latitude D630 which is using the
> > Intel 3945ABG chipset for it's wireless connectivity. This should be
> > supported with the ipw driver which is available in CURRENT.
> > Unfortunately my card is not detected when loading the module.
>
> If your card is a 3945ABG, then you need the wpi driver, which is not
> included (yet, I hope) in FreeBSD.
>
> Try here:
> http://www.clearchain.com/wiki/Wpi
>
> Regards.

This prompted me to give the wpi driver another go. Both the snapshot
20070923-freebsd-wpi and the version available in perforce fail to load,
due to
  link_elf: symbol _mtx_assert undefined

FreeBSD version is (csup'ed ~1hr before build time)
FreeBSD zoot.mintel.co.uk 7.0-CURRENT FreeBSD 7.0-CURRENT #0: Wed Oct  3
11:47:24 BST 2007     root at zoot.mintel.co.uk:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ZOOT
i386

Regards

Tom