Looking for a new laptop: Thinkpad?

Bill Moran wmoran at potentialtech.com
Mon Nov 12 17:46:25 PST 2007

My old Thinkpad is starting to act a bit weird.  Battery isn't always
charging right ... sometimes it doesn't wake up ... CD-ROM is dead.

So, I'm thinking it's time for a new one.

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) to share regarding the
new Thinkpads?  I'm considering either an R or T.

Also, anyone have any experience getting a Windows refund after buying
one of these?  Mine will _not_ run Windows, and I'd like to get
refunded for their monopoly.  There seems to be some bullshit where
Micrsoft claims that the hardware vendor has to refund, and the
vendor claims that it's MS' job.  Anyone have any experience with
this?

--
Bill Moran
http://www.potentialtech.com