PCMCIA RS232 card

Watanabe Kazuhiro CQG00620 at nifty.ne.jp
Wed Nov 7 07:28:12 PST 2007

Hi.

At Tue, 6 Nov 2007 11:07:29 +0600,
Bachilo Dmitry wrote:
> I wonder if there can something be done to make the subject work.
> When I plug it in it says:
> cardbus0: <simple comms, UART> at device 0.0 (no driver attached)
> As far as I know, FreeBSD supports this type of cards (with puc driver?), but
> I've tried hard and got nowhere. It is an "STlab RS232 Serial adapter".
> What additional information from me is required?

Does your kernel includes the puc(4) driver? e.g.:

| % kldstat -v | grep puc
|                 71 pci/puc
|                 72 cardbus/puc
|                 76 puc/sio
|                 164 puc/ppc
| %

By default the driver is not included in the GENERIC kernel.

If you load the puc(4) driver as a kernel module (puc.ko), would you
try to include the driver into the kernel instead of loading the
kernel module?

And will you show me the output of "pciconf -lv"?
---
Watanabe Kazuhiro (CQG00620 at nifty.ne.jp)