Potential hardware issue with too often HDD heads parking

Vladimir Grebenschikov vova at fbsd.ru
Thu Nov 1 02:10:42 PDT 2007

В ср, 31/10/2007 в 20:37 -0500, David Booth пишет:
> On Wednesday 31 October 2007, Vladimir Grebenschikov wrote:
> > В ср, 31/10/2007 в 17:14 +0300, Vladimir Grebenschikov пишет:
> > > Hi
> > >
> > > Probably does not related to FreeBSD, but anybody may confirm
> > > that FreeBSD laptops are not affected ?
> > >
> > > https://launchpad.net/bug59695.html
> >
> > Looks like FreeBSD notebooks also affected:

> I am not sure you should trust those numbers as based on the report
> of
> Power_On_Hours you hard drive has been powered on for some 29 billion
> years.

According to man-page: RAW_VALUE is measured in some internal HDD units
(depends of HDD vendor), but VALUE - is normalized number in range 0 -
255, lesser number - worse, higher number - better (for most
parameters), and THRESHold is value when we should expect failures.

And my Load_Cycle_Count is 1 of 255, and only on point above threshold.

--
Vladimir B. Grebenschikov
vova at fbsd.ru