Working quite well : xorg7.2, DRI, suspend, Radeon Mobility X600

Norberto Meijome freebsd at meijome.net
Tue May 29 04:03:13 UTC 2007

On Mon, 28 May 2007 22:38:33 +1000
Norberto Meijome <freebsd at meijome.net> wrote:

> Suspend and resume work fine, with DRI inclusive - it is a single core CPU ( I
> believe there are still issues with suspend/resume with dual cores.

Ian Smith reminded me of some previous postings I made on this (august 2006).
with xorg 7.2 I made some slight changes to the my suspend script, basically i
dont switch back to VT1 before sending zzz - it works fine. Resuming on text
mode seemed to be corrupting video RAM too (more tests needed).

relevant sysctls that are working ok currently

---
# Should prevent freezing in X when doing suspend
## for TOSHIBA A2, NOT THINKPAD
## hw.syscons.sc_no_suspend_vtswitch=1

# Fixes resume on RELENG_6
hw.acpi.reset_video=1